How much does solar power cost?
The cost of a solar power system depends on various factors including the number of panels, the size of the inverter, the number of storeys on your home & your location.
Solar panels are proving to be a popular investment option in Queensland. A steady number of homes and a growing number of businesses are looking into going solar as a way to save on energy bills.
Queensland is home to some of the sunniest regions of the country, and it is aptly named the Sunshine State. Installing solar panels in Queensland is one of the best way to reduce the amount of power purchased from electricity utilities.
1.5kw solar power (PV) system
|Retail Price (excl. installation)||$3,799|
|Less STC* government incentives||-$1,116|
Excludes installation^, after STC* Govt. incentives
*STC government incentives are based on $36 per STC (zone 3) and subject to change.
^ Installation prices vary depending on a number of factors – a site visit will confirm this.
Price inclusive of GST and excludes installation
Ask an Expert
The best way to find out how much it will cost is to book a Free In Home Solar Quote. Our Solahart Expert will recommend the best system for you and provide an obligation free quote.
Under the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, eligible solar power systems are entitled to a number of small-scale technology certificates (STCs), depending upon the size of the system and the region in which it is installed. The table below gives an example of the value of the STCs for different sized systems in zones 1, 2, 3 & 4 in Australia. The zones are shown on the subsequent map. Solahart Solar Power Systems may differ slightly from the sizes shown below and consequently, they may attract different STC values.
|Solar Power System Size||STC Value*|
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4|
* All values are based on an STC price of $36 per STC as at 16th January 2015. This price is variable and subject to market conditions.
Rising electricity prices
As energy prices around the country soar and concern about electricity bills mounts, solar panels are increasingly being installed by homeowners wishing to take advantage of a system that produces greener energy and insulates them from rising energy prices.
Get the most from your solar panels
- Improve the energy efficiency in your home to save up to 30% on your bills. You can do this by turning off appliances, using the dishwasher and washing machine only when full and purchasing energy-efficient appliances.
- Assess what energy you currently use and the system capacity you need.
- Check if your roof faces the right direction. North-facing panels have the most sunshine hours.
- Ensure there are no trees, power lines or other structures shading your roof. As soon as there is shade on a solar panel it dramatically reduces the output of that panel.